Start a new topic

Make an App version

It would be great if there was an app because i have an iPhone and it doesn't work very well on the browser. would be great to be able to use it on a phone.

1 person likes this idea

Yes please. Or a friendly mobile web.

Thanks so much for the feature recommendation!

This is certainly something on our radar, however, FanDraft's primary intent is on delivering a unique and dynamic draft experience (and not just a boring and sterile draft interface you may get from your League Management provider). Because of the limited capabilities caused by the small screen size of a phone, it ultimately hinders the experience we strive to deliver.

However, we do understand that there are going to be instances where owners are unable to attend a draft, and may only have access to a phone in these circumstances. We are definitely investigating the best way to deliver functionality for these situations, but in all transparency, it's further out on our roadmap.

Sorry, what I meant was not for the commish, but from a user drafting remotely. They can’t draft if they only have a phone. This is a problem with my group and will not be able to use your service and I already paid. ☹️

1 person likes this
A lot of drafts are happening virtually this year and not everyone has a computer or they may be using their computer to zoom with the other people. So if you made it possible just to draft from a phone it would better suit your customers. I’m not a programmer but every drafting service I’ve used in the past has a mobile platform. If I realized this I probably wouldn’t have purchased. I would’ve looked for a better service to hold my draft via zoom.

Very good points! And yes, as mentioned in our 2nd paragraph ("However, we do understand that there are going to be instances where owners are unable to attend a draft, and may only have access to a phone in these circumstances...") we do see the need for those specific scenarios. 

In the future, based on these thought, the best approach would likely be an "App" which really serves the purpose of a stripped down "player taker", specifically for the purpose of these types of owners. Thanks a bunch for the feedback, and we'll use this specifically for our planning. Unfortunately, this likely isn't capable of being accomplished this season.
While the current version isn't optimized for mobile (nor a massive pleasant experience), these owners of yours can functionally login through their phone and perform most operations (eg "Take Players", see the draft board, etc.)
We would recommend them to take a look and see if they can make it work.

Login to post a comment