Start a new topic
Answered

Changing Voice Announcer

Anyone had any luck changing the voice used for the voice announcer.  I followed the guide and changed the TTS voice on my computer, but the announcer voice never changes.  Tried all the normal restart, clear cache and cookies, etc.  The voice my computer TTS is set to still isn't the voice of the announcer.  This is in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.  Anyone else run into this?  

Best Answer

It's different for every system, but rooted in your OS (not just the browser). 

You should do a Google search for "change TTS voice with [Mac or PC"]

Answer

It's different for every system, but rooted in your OS (not just the browser). 

You should do a Google search for "change TTS voice with [Mac or PC"]

Yeah, I know.  Was seeing if anyone had any experience with it.  I changed it in the OS, just doesn't change it for FanDraft.  Or more then likely, not changing it for the browser.  It's not a big deal.  Will just roll with the default.  If I figure out any tricks, I will post them here.  

1 person likes this

Aloha Don,

Ya I'm having the same issue.  Changed the audio within Windows 10 to another Voice and it didn't change it within the FanDraft online application.  Also, downloaded Read Aloud Extension for Chrome, it read every text on the website, just not when you press play sound.  Lastly, changed web browser to Firefox and Edge to see if any changes still nothing.  I'll look for tricks as well and post if i figure it out. 

Sorta bummed, but not a deal breaker i guess. 

Mahalos 

So I did find there are two different spots in windows 10 to change voices.  The one that worked was if you go to Control Panel (Change to Large Icons) --> Speech Recognition --> Text to Speech (On the left) .  I was able to get Zira and David to work from there for the draft board.  Hazel still didn't work, and none of the voices I downloaded are there.  Not the greatest, but its a start.

Login to post a comment