Start a new topic

Choose Draft Direction each Round (Straight or Reverse)

Give the option for each round to go 1-12 or 12-1 for each round.  This would make all sorts of draft formats much easier (including 3rd round reversal).  This dropdown would set a flag for each round to determine whether picks progress from left to right or right to left.  It can even be indicated beneath the round number.

My draft goes 1-12, 1-12, 12-1... and snakes as normal.

While this can technically be achieved using a custom draft order, the implementation means that teams need to be listed in reverse at the top of the draft board and their first round pick will not be listed under their name (as all 12 picks need to be swapped to achieve the correct order).

I've attached a couple of mockups of how I envision this being implemented.

1 person likes this idea

Found this in react.js and it seems to set the direction of each round:

Yp = function(n, r) {

switch (r) {

case "serpentine":

for (var e = 0; e < n.length; e++)

if (e % 2 != 0) {

var o = n[e];

n[e] = o.reverse()

}

return n

}

return n

};

If you modify it to add a 20 element array as an argument (we'll call this "a"), then you can replace the 

if (e % 2 != 0)

line with

if (a(e) != 0)

to determine if a round order needs to be reversed.

I'll second this feature request - it's the main thing stopping me from buying right now. Our draft has a history going back 30+ years so it's tough to change rules for some people.

• First round is 1-12, where some teams chose keepers and the rest get filled in by picks
  • Rounds 2-13 are serpentine, starting back at team #1 / top left

Is there currently a way to do this with FanDraft by editing the draft order? My draft is tomorrow and it turns out someone won't be able to show and wants to do it remotely, so I'd have to be able to set it up fairly quickly.

I have the same issue.  In previous versions this was easily doable.  This new version if not nearly as easy to work with.  My league starts serpentine after round 9.  I do not know what to do now as I have already purchased it and have not been able to use it in either draft

Login to post a comment