FanDraft allows the use of Hosted MP3 files for use in the "Team Songs" features. The "Team Songs" act as walk-up songs, playing when a team is on-deck to draft or nominate a player in a draft.
We recommend the use of Dropbox, and no longer support Google Drive for shared MP3.
Below are instructions for how to utilize each of these platforms for use with the FanDraft "Team Songs" feature.
Dropbox Hosted MP3 Instructions:
- Login to your Dropbox.com account, or create a free account if you don't have one.
- After logging into your Dropbox.com account, click on the "Upload files" link.
- Select the MP3 file on your computer that you would like to upload to Dropbox.
- Once the upload is complete, click on the "Share" button.
- Next, click on the text link that says "Create link".
- Finally, click on the link that says "Copy link".
- In another browser tab, open your league in FanDraftOnline.com
- Click on the "Teams" tab, select a team you would like to add the song to.
- Click the "Add a song" button.
- You will now PASTE the link captured from Dropbox into the FanDraft "Paste MP3 URL here" field.
- Give the song file any name you want, by typing in the "Name of song..." field.
(Note: the song name you type in must be at least 3 characters long)
- Click the "Submit MP3 song URL" button, and you are complete.
- To make sure the file/song is valid and compatible, you should test the song by clicking on the play icon following the import.
- We recommend the use of the Chrome browser to avoid running into conflicts.
- Dropbox has data transfer limits. If for some reason your Team Songs stop playing, you may want to investigate if you have hit your monthly max monthly limits.
- If an MP3 file is not working, it may not be properly encoded, and thus incompatible. You can double-check this by testing in your browser through the Dropbox app player.