FanDraft's "Voice Announcer" feature is based on Text-To-Speech (TTS) technology, driven from software that is by default installed on your computer system. So to change the voice, it will require you changing the voice in your personal computer settings.
Change Voice on a Mac
- On your Mac computer, click on the "System Preferences" icon in your system dock.
- Click on the "Accessibility" icon, and then choose "Speech" from the left-hand menu.
- You can change the voice in the "System Voice" drop-down menu.
Once it's changed, this will result in the voice within FanDraft changing.
Change Voice on a PC
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Speech.
- On the Text-to-Speech tab, the name displayed in the Voice selection drop-down list is the active voice.
- Click the active voice inside the drop-down list, or use the arrow to display a list of available voices.
- Click a new voice to select it.
The newly selected voice speaks the text in Preview Voice box.
- Click OK or Apply to accept the new voice.
Depending on your Windows OS, you may have to use this alternative route of navigation to change voices:
- Control Panel (Change to Large Icons)
- Speech Recognition
- Text to Speech (On the left)
If you don't hear a voice or voice changes after following the instructions above, try these things:
- Make sure you are using Google Chrome as your browser
- Make sure you operating system, and browser software is up-to-date, and no updates need to be run.
- Clear your browser cache, close your browser. and then reboot your system
- After rebooting, test if the voice changes were applied to your system and then test them on FanDraft. If you don't hear the change on your system, then they were never applied.
If after all of these attempts the voice still doesn't change, it's likely the voices installed on your system simply aren't browser TTS compatible.
How to Add New Voices
FanDraft does not control the TTS voices installed on your system. While 3rd parties may provide free or premium voices to add to your system, FanDraft does not currently offer support with how to acquire or install additional TTS voices. However, a quick Google search may help put you on the right path.